Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Why I Hate Surprises BUT I Love Surprises

Usually people generally hate surprises or they love them.  Of course it all depends on the surprise itself...good or bad.

Bad Surprises
I am not a big fan of bad surprises - but who would be?  For instance, the kids are being unusually quiet so I check on them - and what i find is a HUGE pile of pillows and blankets they are referring to as a beaver lodge, and puzzle pieces scattered all over the room (and they wonder why we are always missing pieces?). 

OR you are almost done your work shift and are winding down, thinking you may get home at a reasonable time, or even early!  Then your manager walks in and ask you to do "just a couple more things" which take you 2 more hours.  Although GREAT for the paycheck, not always my favorite surprise.

Good Surprises
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the occasional good surprise...like the time my husband surprised me on my birthday by secretly arranging for Grandma to babysit so we could go on a date alone together.  With these being so rare, they have more meaning, and I appreciate them tremendously.

Awkward Surprises
Then there are those weird "surprises" where things don't match.  Like Rick Astley's voice and face (Rick Astley on YouTube), or a sour grape you're expecting to be sweet. Or even walking in on something you weren't supposed to see...yikes!



No comments:

Post a Comment